Website Hawke's Brewing Co
July 2021 commencement
As Hawke’s approaches its biggest milestone yet, with the impending opening of our fully-operational brewery and hospitality arm in 2021, it’s time to recruit a full-time Senior Brewer. The successful candidate will bring with them a passion for making great quality beer, while being energised by working with a team that prides itself on collaboration, hard work and of course, having lots of fun along the way.
Working at Hawke’s Brewing Co. goes beyond having ‘just another job’. Our small but rapidly expanding team works hard to foster a company culture. A culture built on the community-centric values of Bob Hawke – generosity, inclusivity, ambition, authenticity and good honest hard work. Values that continue to drive his legacy, as we look to build an iconic, national beer brand that brings Australians together over delicious beers, all while caring for our country we love, underpinned by our environmental charity partnership with Landcare Australia.
We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and actively encourage applications from any background.
More specifically, the key responsibilities of the role include:
A Senior Brewer is responsible for the day to day operations on the brewery floor, ensuring that the production schedule is being met with the utmost attention to safety, quality and cleanliness. You will be primarily responsible for brewhouse, lab, cellar and packaging operations whilst training and assisting Junior Brewers with their development and training. You will be greatly assisted by the Head Brewer, who will have an active role on the brewery floor.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Brewhouse Operations (wort production)
- Cellar Operations
- Packaging Operations (kegging and canning)
- Lab Operations
- Stock Management and Rotation
- QA Checks and Analysis
- Recipe Development and Creation
- Mentoring Junior Brewers
- Recording and documenting brewing data
- Representing Hawke’s at events and functions
Qualifications and requirements
As Senior Brewer you will be responsible for ensuring the production schedule is met, whilst ensuring safety, quality and cleanliness is upheld at all times.
Your skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a production brewer role
- Fully skilled in all brewhouse, cellar, lab and packaging operations
- General Certificate in Brewing or equivalent
- Forklift licence
- Safety first attitude
- Self motivated and proactive
- Excellent work ethic
- An ability to lead by example on all fronts
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on relationships
- Forward-thinking ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Great problem solving ability
- Exceptionally high level of honesty, integrity, commitment, and responsibility
Please send your CV and details to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.