Website Catchment Brewing Co.
Catchment opened in 2015 in West End bringing the brewing tradition back to the culturally diverse West End. Here we brew beer, bloody good beer and great food to match for our locals and beyond. With a number of unique spaces including on street dining this venue plays host to many functions, for almost any occasion. Catchment has had its first year of packaged product, has won a Gold medal and several Silver and Bronze medals for its beer range, with our products available now in over 50 bottle shops and venues around Brisbane.
Qualifications & experience
- Formal brewing qualifications mandatory. Minimum 2 years of experience in commercial brewing. Proven ability to deliver a quality product A passion and enthusiasm for good beer Be flexible and able to work around changing production schedules – this will include shift work and some weekends.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Brewery ensuring a high standard of product quality is consistently delivered, whilst meeting revenue, Liquor Licensing requirements and all regulatory requirements (including WHS, Fair Work, Antidiscrimination).
- Brew core beers in accordance with production plan and standard recipes, ensuring freshness and quality standards are met. Develop speciality beers in accordance with production plan to promote the Catchment brand and to further the Catchment beer offering.
- Manage excise lodgement, payments and rebates as required by legislation. Maintain accurate brewing notes, including all quality checks, alterations to recipes and/or other factors relating to the brew.
- Manage all aspects of brewery costs, including COG, wastage, labour and overheads, ensuring compliance to budget.
- Prepare and distribute weekly reports and other reports as requested from time to time. Order brewery consumables to maintain stock levels, ensure all goods receivable are accounted for and correct upon delivery.
- Undertake end of month stock takes and inventory checks, and resultant stock uses are reconciled against brewery sales
- Develop and implement required processes, procedures and systems to efficiently run the Brewery and manage risk including training and OH&S
- Monitor and continuously improve brewing operations with regards to efficiency, cost reduction and profitability. Establish key metrics and then develop & implement plans to achieve production goals, always keeping profitability as a priority.
- Develop and implement quality control procedures and review quality reports/statistics to ensure consistent, quality finished goods whilst minimising wastage and ensuring consistency and quality of product is maintained.
- Undertake an ambassadorial role for the Company including representing the Company at industry events and marketing activities.
- Be part of an award winning brewery team in the heart of West End.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.